Mission: The State's OCLC Group Services contract provides access to unlimited cataloging and interlibrary loan services at a fair, equitable, affordable cost for all Montana libraries.
Founded in 1967, OCLC Online Computer Library Center is a nonprofit, membership, computer library service and research organization dedicated to the public purposes of furthering access to the world's information and reducing information costs. More than 60,000 libraries in 112 countries and territories around the world use OCLC services to locate, acquire, catalog, lend and preserve library materials.
Researchers, students, faculty, scholars, professional librarians and other information seekers use OCLC services to obtain bibliographic, abstract and full-text information when and where they need it.
OCLC and its member libraries cooperatively produce and maintain WorldCat – the OCLC Online Union Catalog.
By enrolling in Group Services, your library staff has access to these services:
- CatExpress – OCLC CatExpress enables you to put materials on the shelves for your users faster than ever before. Even if you have little or no cataloging experience, you'll be amazed at how simple it is to use CatExpress with minimal training.
- Connexion – Connexion is OCLC's flagship cataloging service, a powerful, flexible suite of tools with built-in access to WorldCat, the world's largest bibliographic database.
- FirstSearch – FirstSearch is an online reference search tool that delivers quality content from WorldCat and other quality, respected databases.
- WorldCat – A global library network that thousands of institutions rely upon because they have built it together over 30 years. Librarians and other information professionals continuously enrich and use this one-of-a-kind resource guided by the values of community, efficiency and trust, the same principles that motivated the creation of libraries themselves. These institutions join a larger community of libraries knowing it lets them better serve the people in their own local communities.
- Worldcat.org – WorldCat.org is a web portal for the WorldCat database, making your library collection discoverable anywhere on the Web. If your holding is in the WorldCat database, it is now discoverable on the Web.
- WorldShare Interlibrary Loan – OCLC WorldShare® Interlibrary Loan is a new service that replaces WorldCat Resource Sharing, as part of libraries’ existing subscriptions. The service centralizes workflows and provides functionality that speeds fulfillment of interlibrary loan requests to save time for library staff and library users.
Montana OCLC Group Services is funded through library annual fees, state funding, and Library Services & Technology Act (LSTA) funding from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
Please contact Cara Orban for more information about enrollment in Group Services.
For technical support, excluding SmartPort*, or to retrieve your login information, contact OCLC at 1-800-848-5800 or email@example.com.
*SmartPort is a SirsiDynix application. For SmartPort technical support, contact MSC staff or SirsiDynix support. To request your OCLC login credentials for use in SmartPort, contact OCLC and ask for your Connexion authorization number and password.
For More Information
Please use the links in the menu on the right to find information for prospective members ("Getting Involved") or current members ("For Participating Libraries"), and about project governance ("Governance").